1. The role and functions of a pawn.
2. The weakest pieces on the board; numerous; interchangeable; existing to be sacrificed for the benefit of the real players.
3. Unlike other pieces, a pawn may not retreat. It can only go forward, one step at a time.
4. A pawn cannot capture a piece that blocks its path. It may only proceed if the opposing piece concedes ground, or if a different route is offered.
5. The en passant capture is a special move that permits one pawn to successfully attack another without directly engaging it.
6. Otherwise, the only way a pawn can capture is by going one step forward and to the left or right, in a single diagonal move.
7. In very rare occasions, if a pawn is allowed to cross the entire board, unscathed…
8. …it may be promoted to a queen, and, perhaps, turn the tide of the war.
pats face im always going to reblog this
are you fucking kidding me
Wow, that was beautiful.
Probably the worst types of people are the ones that shut you down to make themselves look cooler than you, for example if you get excited and squeal and they’re like “woah what was that..” or if you talk loudly because you’re passionate about something and they say “relax dude wow” and then give a look… Like fuck off stop trying to act so cool and collected. You don’t seem more mature you just seem fucking boring and monotonously placid.